Spirit Hub is a diabetes education booking platform which acts as a single point of access providing all the information patients need to choose the right course for their needs. The booking website is easy for GP’s / HCP’s to be kept up to date with their referrals and enables providers to upload their range of courses and view course attendee list.
Our call centre and administration team will take patient bookings, actively manage referrals / DNA’s, promote bookings, provide reports and analysis. This will include assessment / triage, signposting and a follow up process for those patients who do not immediately book, creating an interface between people with diabetes, referrers and structured education course providers across Kent and Medway.
Self-referral and booking: enabling people with diabetes who are already strongly motivated and knowledgeable to easily book appropriate course online and interacting with their HCP and SE provider of choice. Keeping people informed and updated of their SE booking via communication of their choice; email, SMS and letter.
What information is being collected by Spirit Hub?
- General contact information: Name, Address, date of birth, mobile and telephone number, Email address
- Clinical information: NHS number, HbA1C, eGFR, waist circumference, diabetes medication, blood pressure, cholesterol, depression score
How is it collected?
- From Healthcare professionals
- Service user themselves
- Clinician involved in service user’s direct patient care
Why is it being collected?
Spirit is processing information on behalf of Kent and Medway CCG. This is to collate the information into one place to enable easier booking for patients and to support information sharing with course providers.
Information is collected for
The information is collected to complete the referral process for anyone with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes and registered with a GP Practice within Kent and Medway CCG area and are over the age of 18 and eligible to be referred to a structured diabetes education programme.
How will it be used?
- To contact patients who have been referred or self-refer to attend a structured education programme
Who will it be shared with?
- With course providers
- Kent & Medway CCG
Where will the data be stored?
All data collect will be stored within the United Kingdom.
No automated decision making is used with the data collected.
Your rights as a data subject
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- Require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- Require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- Object to the processing of your data where Spirit is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com
Accessing your information
If you would like to access the information we hold on you please write to Lisa Wakeford. firstname.lastname@example.org your request will be dealt with in accordance with the GDPR guidance.
The Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Spirit have appointed a DPO. This is our Head of Governance – Lisa Wakeford. The role of the DPO is to assist data ‘Controllers’ and ‘Processors’ to comply with data protection law and avoid the risks that organisations face when processing personal data.